- NORWICH MOTHER ACCUSED OF LEAVING CHILD IN HOT CAR A Norwich mother is facing charges of leaving her one year old child alone in a hot car.Â Police say they found the youngster inside a parked automobile at the McDonaldâ€™s restaurant on Salem Turnpike today around 12:30 PM.Â The engine was not turned on and the windows were opened a crack. 45-year old Dawa Dolma is accused of leaving a child unsupervised and first-degree reckless endangerment.Â The post MONDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- EMERGENCY LANDING Aviation officials say a plane with smoke in the cockpit made an emergency landing in Groton.Â The Federal Aviation Administration says the Dassault Falcon aircraft, operated by Dumont Aircraft Charter, landed safely at the airport about 7:15 p.m. Thursday after the crew reported smoke in the cockpit. The Day reports local first responders were at the site of the landing, Groton-New London Airport.Â The FAA says the aircraft later departed from the airport for Bostonâ€™s Logan International Airport. The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- CANDIDATES SQUARE OFF The five men seeking the Republican nomination for governor in Connecticut square off in a debate at Mohegan Sun’s Cabaret Theater. Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton is the party endorsed candidate. He says the concerns of people in eastern Connecticut need to be recognized by the state’s next governor, like not building a gun range in Griswold until residents are heard.Â Madison business executive Bob Stefanowski says it’s time to do away with the state income tax.Â The post FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- PLAINVILLE CRASH The pilot of a small airplane has been killed in a crash near an airport in the town of Plainville.Â There were no other passengers aboard when the plane crashed this morning. The Federal Aviation Administration says the Rutan Defiant aircraft crashed at the town landfill near Robertson Airport around 10:45 a.m. Witnesses described seeing a plane flying at low altitude before the crash.Â Plainville police say the male pilot was found dead at the site of the wreck. The post THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- MEN POSING AS FIREMEN North Stonington police say they received complaints a week ago that two men approached a resident’s house saying they were from the local fire department and claimed they were there to do a home inspection. The incident occurred on Pendleton Hill Road, July 5th. The two men reportedly were in a blue car and have yet to be identified. Fire officials say the fire department does not conduct home inspections in the manner that was reported and never would. The post THURSDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
COUNTRY MUSIC NEWS
The latest installment of Nashville Trivia is now available!
Blake Shelton jokingly blames Pitbull for his tumble at the Pendleton Whisky Music Fest.
Video footage online shows the Pepsi Center packed with fans waving cell phones in the air and screa...
On his sophomore release, singer Chris Lane shines a light on his growth as an artist.
Following a summer full of shows, Kip Moore will kick off the After the Sunburn Tour on Sept. 20 in ...