- Â BILDA TO RETIRE The head ofÂ Norwich Public Utilities is retiring.Â General manager John Bilda says heâ€™ll be stepping down next year,Â helping with the transition to his successor.Â Bilda has been with NPU since 1988, having served as its GM since 2006.Â Â Heâ€™s credited with growing NPUâ€™s operation, with a strong emphasis on customer service.Â Heâ€™s alsoÂ been the target of controversy, including taking part in trips to the Kentucky Derby fully paid for by the Connecticut Municipal Electric Energy Cooperative.Â The post TUESDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- FORMICA V MARX Martha Marx, a registered nurse and former president of her nursing union and two-term Republican State Sen. Paul Formica of East Lyme met in a debate last night at the Charter Oak FederalÂ Credit Union Headquarters in Waterford. Republican gubernatorial candidate Bob Stefanowski wants to eliminate the state income tax. State Sen. Formica agrees, saying it could be phased out over time and is a lofty goal to purse.Â Marx called the idea, The post TUESDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- OIL SPILL UNDER INVESTIGATION State environmental officials are investigating whether to levy any penalties against the owner of a van and trailer which spilled three 55-gallon drums of heating oil Monday in Norwich.Â Â Town officials say the oil began spilling on the Eighth Street Bridge shortly before noon.Â The trail of oil continued along Smith Avenue, Roosevelt Avenue, and Roosevelt Avenue Extension in Norwich and Long Society Road and Brickyard Road in Preston. The post MONDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- BUNNELL RETIRES Montville PoÂlice Lt. Leonard BunÂnell is retiring after 42 years of service.Â Â BunÂnell said he foÂcused on bringÂing trainÂing, stanÂdard opÂerÂatÂing proÂceÂdures, manÂpower and upÂgraded faÂcilÂiÂties to Montville over the years. When asked about what many deÂscribe as his maÂjor acÂcomÂplishÂments, BunÂnell credÂits othÂers. BunÂnell said “the old clichÃ©: to proÂtect and serve” was why he wanted to be a cop to beÂgin with. SCHOOL SUPER FIRED A vetÂeran WaterÂford CounÂtry School suÂperÂviÂsor is being charged with proÂvidÂing alÂcoÂhol to a 15-year-old boy who was in a proÂgram at the school and sexÂuÂally asÂsaultÂing him at her home. …More »
- CAR THEFT ARREST A Hartford man is accused of breaking-into aÂ motor vehicle in Montville in July, and also breaking-into the home of the vehicleâ€™s owner.Â Â 25-year old Christofer Cruz-Morales is being held on 50-thousand dollars bond.Â Police say Cruz-Morales allegedly burglarized the vehicle on July 26th, the same day that police reported other cars in town, including one belonging to former Montville Emergency Management Director Ray Occhalini being burglarized or stolen.Â His car was later found in Hartford. The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
COUNTRY MUSIC NEWS
A short conversation with Kane Brown about his message of staying focused on the positive and preven...
There’s a new album champ in town — Eric Church’s Desperate Man. Besides debuting at No. 1 on ...
This just in: the dream team of Sheryl Crow, Dierks Bentley and Martina McBride will take the stage ...
An all-new installment of DCC: Making The Team Trivia is up, fans!
Maren Morris: “These women are all so different and saw something in me.”