- EX-FIREFIGHTER GOES TO PRISON A former Plainfield fireman is now serving six months behind bars for sexuallyÂ assaulting a 17-year old female cadet member of the department.Â 28-year old Kevin Wells was led out of Danielson Superior Court in handcuffs Friday, after telling the court he was deeply sorry for his actions.Â Wells agreed to a plea deal in April that will put him on probation for five years after his jail term. The post FRIDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- LAMB ADDRESSES GRADUATES One of the more famous graduates of Norwich Free Academy was on campus yesterday to wish the newest group of alumni well. Novelist Wally Lamb spoke to the 497 members of the class of 2018 during its commencement ceremonies. It was 50 years ago this month that Lamb received his diploma. He recalled some of his disasterous efforts in science class back then. He also urged graduates to take what they’ve learned, The post FRIDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- BODY FOUND IN NORWICH NORWICH, Conn. (AP) â€“ Authorities say the body of a man was found in the area of the Yantic River Falls in Norwich.Â Â Police said the body was found on Thursday. Authorities say there is no indication of foul play, but a complete investigation by the Norwich Police Department and Connecticut office of the Chief Medical Examiner is ongoing. Police havenâ€™t identified the man. They are asking anyone with information to contact authorities. The post THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- NEW DEAL FOR L&M WORKERS Lawrence & Memorial Hospital announced the three unions representing workers had ratified three-year contracts with the hospital, a year before their current contracts expire. It’s the first contract to be ratified since the hospital affiliated with Yale New Haven Health in 2016 and the second ratification since contract talks stalled in late 2013 and led to a strike and three-week lockout. The new contract, which will go into effect in June 2019, The post THURSDAY MORNING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
- FISH CASE CONTINUED Thereâ€™ll be no action on the case against a former Montville High School substitute teacher until at least July 25th.Â 23-year old Ryan Fish made a brief appearance Wednesday in Norwich Superior Court where his case was continued to that date, so that both sides can get more time to review evidence.Â Fish has pleaded not guilty to supervising and encouraging slapboxing matches among students in his math classroom.Â Three Montville school administrators, The post WEDNESDAY EVENING UPDATE appeared first on 98.7 WNLC.More »
COUNTRY MUSIC NEWS
Season 6, Episode 11 had us gripping the armrest on our chairs this past week.
I did an hour's worth of squats, lunges, leg lifts, push ups, planks and tabatas, and I lived to tal...
Newcomer and Texas native Ben Danaher talks to CMT.com about heartbreak, hope and his latest single ...
Meet the latest round of singer/songwriters to join CMT's Artist Discovery Program.
The singer talks about the spontaneity behind his newest single and his lack of plans for future rel...